Friday, March 18, 2005

Knit Meet and Cables

Just a quick one. We had a knit meet again last Saturday. As usual, it was really fun. In fact, we had so much fun, I only managed to take a photo because I forgot all about taking a few. At least there is a picture to show. :)



Cable Project

On my cable project, I have had in mind is a blend of ideas and the end result of what I wanted. Does anyone else do that or is it just me?

Anyways, after calculating and working on the main cable pattern for the center panel for a few rounds and ripping rows in frustration. I asked and got on loan a mag from one of the knitters to whom I'm eternally grateful. You know who you are..:)

The concept I have, my pattern book and her mag was similar. Though the gauage and columns are all not the same, looking through both charts and doing comparisons, I was able to draw more light on the cables I was trying to create. Most of my drawing have errors and cancelations all over. This is the tidied up version of my 5th redraw and it's still not the end of the road.


While working it, it's hard to see the pattern at times, but I'm beginning to get the hang of it. I think I'll rework it again and make it simpler. I'm thinking that the main cables might overwhealm the side cables. Nevertheless, it has been interesting to plot it out. I can understand now why some knitters prefers charts to instructions. Granted, the main cable would probably not look all that different with or without my minor modifications, but it makes me happy to tweak it to my liking. Now I hope it all works out right. Cheers!

No comments: