Monday, February 14, 2005

Singapore Trip Update

Hot hot hot, that's about all that I can say for Singapore. Things were different this year, gramps is no longer with us and I guess we all felt it. All in all, it was a fun but rushed trip. We were only there for 4 days. We got into Singapore late Monday. Tuesday we had the usual ceremonies to perform in the morning. After which we had our family lunch. By the time which all shops were either closed or closing. Wednesday, the 1st day of New Year is, as always, devoted to family. Parents decided to come back KL on the 2nd day of New Year, we were all bushed and on the verge of heat stroke.

My two grouches was that I didn't get to shop at all and the heat. It's always hotter than KL but this year was exceptional. Perhaps it's because they have many more buildings together and less trees, or perhaps it's the fact that I tend to get a throbbing head from too much heat but the glare seems be more intense and reflect everywhere. Even here in KL, many friends mentioned that it was way hot.

There were many good things this year too. I had a nice chat with Emy. It's a shame our timing wasn't right so we didn't manage to meet up. I didn't get to meet any of my friends either, but I had a good time catching up with them thru the phone. I'll probably be making a trip over when the season is not so hot. Hopefully..:)

We had a great time with family, we were all huddling in aircon houses as much as possible haha. One of my aunt made cookies, brownies and pizza, really good stuff I must say, we all got fat there hehe. We saw an uncle who has been paralysed for 3 years take his first shaky step. :D We caught up with all the news and happenings too. Of course, we also had the standard Chinese New Year Steamboat fare. Quite a harvest for so short a trip I'd say!

Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's to all!

No comments: