Remember Green Tea Cables? I've just finished my 3rd ball of 100gm Sirdar DK Cotton, on to my 4th and last ball. Just enough for my tube top.
This is the progress I've seemingly made. But last night, I found out an awful truth about her. Today I was trying to think of all sorts of way to go around it. About an hour ago, I was upset. Right now, I'm just resigned.
Green Tea Cables was one of my very first projects and my very first attempt at cables. What I didn't know then was cotton expands, that you needed negative ease, that I should always try the darn thing for size, that the books are not necessary accurate and a hundred and one things. Yes I altered it into a tube top.
Yes I tried it on. It was wayyyy off gauge. I started it on March and kinda left it hanging since May. When I picked it up again last weekend, I knew something was wrong. I just didn't want to admit it. Look at that.
Sewing in 2 inches at each side didn't even do the trick.
There is at least 8 inches of extra materials while wearing it. I'm resigned. It has to be frogged and reknitted. There is no way out. My only consolation is that I can play at cable design again. There definitely won't be enough stitches for the amount of cable pattern that's on Green Tea right now. Back to the drawing board. I have no energy for that right now. I'll just put it aside and do it tomorrow on the way to work and back. Good night people.