Friday, March 09, 2007

In rememberance of Mimi

I was going to post on my FOs, I had written a draft and finally taken some decent photos, but I can't seem to motivate myself right now. My bf's cat, Mimi, got run over by a car and it is still bugging me, so instead, this post would be about Mimi.



Mimi was found as a kitten hiding under bf's brother's car. He was so scrawny and injured. They took him to the vet, fed, cared for and generally made a fuss over him. Yes, Mimi was a he. We didn't know much about cats then, we assumed he was a female due to some miscommunication with the vet and named him Mimi.




When Mimi got to age, it was decided to spay 'her' and the vet told them then that Mimi is a he! We all had a good laugh. By that time, Mimi only answered to that and nothing else though we tried to change it. Mimi was a great cat, he loved to play, was never fussy and very patient though he is shy with strangers. He hates to have his photograph taken. It's always so hard to make him stay still for a shot. Now I'm glad we did.

On that fateful night, we all thought Mimi was hiding in some corner having a nap as usual after dinner. We didn't expect to find him next to the rubbish bin outside the house. Mimi got hit by a car, it was horrible looking at the broken body. Someone placed the body by the pavement next to the rubbish bin outside the house. If not for that, we would not have known what happened




Farewell Mimi, you will be very much missed and will always be in our thoughts.

12 comments:

Agnes said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to read about this! That made me sad too. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

FaeryCrafty said...

Im so sorry. That is awful :( Hugs!

R a i n said...

So sorry to hear this, really saddening. At least you still have the wonderful memories of time spent with him.

Anonymous said...

Mimi looks like a little sweetie.

i'm so sorry, Laura. thinking about you, Mimi, and the hurt hearts over her absence.

Kitty Kitty said...

I am so sorry, Laura....

The pain of loosing a family member is never easy. Thank you for sharing pictures of Mimi with us all. It made me cry reading the post. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. She's such a beautiful kitty. God has her now and she's in good hands.

Sweetpea4kids said...

Sorry to hear your sad news. That is so painful. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about mimi!! =(
p.s. just found out all my blogspot links on my blogroll were dropped! not sure why... all i know is, i have alot of blog catching up to do!

Denise said...

So sorry to hear what happened to Mimi, it's always awful when a pet dies, and worse when it's an accident :(

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! Do try to keep up your spirits.

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear abt the cat :( hugz!!

smelk-o-matic said...

:( I just happened upon your blog and wanted to tell you - so sorry about your kitty. I can't even imagine how you must feel...but remember, they all go to heaven.

Smiles,
Erin