Monday, June 06, 2005

Reporting in for my Secret Pal!

It's way time to post my questionaire..:) here you go Secret Pal!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Well, I wouldn’t call myself a yarn snob. I’m a fledgling and yarns over at my end are pretty limited. Fledglings tend to be pretty curious about different yarns. But because mine is a tropic country, I tend to go for summer yarns. For tanks and camis, I go for better quality stuff. For small little items or things I wanna felt, I’d try other sort of yarns. I’m leaning towards natural fibers and blends. Nothing too scratchy. There are a hundred and one yarns that I haven’t tried or sample.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do crochet but very seldom. I'm more into knitting. I'm interested in spinning and dyeing but one hobby to learn at a time..:)

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Nickel. As much as I fancy trinkets out there, my ears think otherwise. It likes pure silver and gold and kicks a big allegy if I don't give in and I don’t even like gold. Lousy ears. Cloyingly sweet and powdery perfumes give me an occasional migraine. Apart from that, no other allergies that I know of so far, oh except for my face, skin there is very sensitive. The rest of my body is fine. Weird.


4. How long have you been knitting?
I learned it some 12 years ago, never completed my garment. I found it 4 years ago and I decided to teach myself through the net to finish it. Completed it and sent it to my aunt. Too warm for our weather. Since then I have been knitting on and off. I get my know hows mostly from the net. Then at the beginning of last year, the knitting bug bit me real hard. So I've been hooked ever since.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Unfortunately no, but I do have a wish list at my side bar. I guess I can set up a online wish list if requested..:)

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Let's see, fruity and earthy stuff like mango and likes. Lavendar, orange and of course, vanilla, chocolate and coffee! I like unique earthy fruity smells.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Are you kidding? Dark chocolate, tiramisu and orange flavored chocolates does it for me. Don't ask me why, I just have a thing for it.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I like making things. I sew a bit. Bead a bit. I use to make cards, revamp stuff and draw. It’s just sad that working life makes it really difficult if not impossible to now. Ah! The joys of being a grownup.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
No particular category of music. I just like music. It depends on my mood really. I listen from Josh Groban to Celine Dion to funk and rap. I don’t have a taste for is heavy metal, heavy jazz, house, acid, techno and heavy country though.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Again, don’t really have a favorite. Only colors I don’t take to is yellow and muddy browns and greens. I love warm rich autumn colors, bright cheery colors and cool pastels like ice blues and of course, who can forget the classy off whites, creams and the darks like charcoal grey and black. See? I told ya..:)


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single with 1 fur kid in tow. There’s some pictures of my fur kid in my blog.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I have wander lust and a dormant creativity streak. Would like to achieve enough in life to live comfortably and indulge in my 2 passions. Don’t we all..:)

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
No favorites yet. I’ve tried too few yarns to make a good comparison.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
The really scratchy ones cause my skin gets real irritated and very splitty yarns gets me irritated.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Yarns and mags.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Strappy tank tops, camis, jackets, shrugs, lace shawls and bags

17. What are you knitting right now?
Right now? You can see it from my WIP progress at the sidebar. It is always updated. There is also a post last month on my waitlisted projects.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
It’s ok, but not something you can get away with wearing over in Malaysia.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars are preferred but I do use straights.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo because I like sharp points. I also have Inox and Pony. Then again it really depends on what I’m knitting. I have a pair of Addi Turbos circs in 4.5mm which I don’t quite like. Too bulky and blunt. Smaller sizes would be ideal. But I love the anti-curl string. Not like we have a lot of choices here, we only have bamboos and metals.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Nope, it doesn’t do a thing for me right now. Except for one pair I saw in Knitty. A simple one with a pompom attached.

22. How did you learn to knit?
I think I answered in Question 4.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
My current oldest UFO is about 6 mths old.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I used to have some favorite animated characters, mainly Jap Anime but not anymore. I’m an animal lover but if I really have to choose, it would be dogs, cats, dolphins and horses.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
All holidays are a favorite ..:) gives me more time to knit and relax.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Books, magazines and of course, now, yarns.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None, I don’t see the point. We can’t really knit anything from the Winter and Autumn issues here in the tropics.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I’m always dying to get my hands on interesting books..:) I’m a bookworm. I gobble them up. As for magazines, the recent interesting one that I spotted was Knit1.

No comments: